After making her directorial debut with Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi earlier this year, rumour mills were abuzz that Kangana Ranaut will now don director’s hat once again and will direct her upcoming flick Mental Hai Kya.
A source close to the development had told Asian Age, “After Kangana saw the footage, she was not happy with the way her role had shaped up. She also felt that her co-star Rajkummar Rao stole many of the scenes. Kangana wanted those scenes to be re-shot. We must understand that Kangana is no longer satisfied with just being an actor on her sets. She wants to participate in every aspect of her film’s evolution. And why not? If it’s okay for Aamir Khan and Salman Khan to direct the director, why is it so shocking when Kangana does the same?”
However, director Prakash Kovelamudi refutes the rumours of Kangana having to do anything with it. In his latest interview with a news daily, Kovelamudi denied the speculations regarding Kangana wanting to direct a portion of the film.
Has Kangana Ranaut taken over Mental Hai Kya direction
He revealed that she was nothing more than an actor on the set and always behaved professionally.
While talking to Hindustan Times, Prakash said, “We have shot Mental Hai Kya without any negativity. Both Kangana Ranaut and Rajkummar Rao have been fantastic to shoot with, they bring their own energy to the film. Working on Mental Hai Kya has been a collaborative process and it’s been an incredible journey. The shift in the release date of the film has been purely made from business perspective by the producers. we are ready to hit screens on 26th July. Any other conjecture is baseless and untrue.”
Mental Hai Kya has been produced by Ekta Kapoor, Shobha Kapoor and Shaailesh R Singh. The film will release on July 26.