A fire broke out at Terence Lewis’ dance institute in Mumbai’s Khar, no injuries

0
435

A major fire broke out at choreographer Terence Lewis’ dance academy at Khar on Friday afternoon.  Lewis’ dance academy was also caught in the fire but thankfully everyone was evacuated on time.

The fire broke out due to a short circuit. Around 20 dancers were rehearsing in the studio at the time. No injuries were reported.

 Terence Lewis institute

Terence informed his worried fans that there was no casualty and that everyone was safe. He wrote on Twitter, “No casualty n all safe! Will emerge stronger ! Thank u for ur prayers n well wishes!”

Also hailing the fire brigade department for having reacted quickly, he wrote, “Super Heroes:Timely n efficient Fire Brigade doused the short circuit fire n minutes!Thank the neighbours n police who helped calm nerves!”

“The fire was caused by a short-circuit in an air conditioner,” said a Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) field officer Swapnil Joshi, who was at the spot.

A spark from the short-circuit landed on clothes kept next to the air-conditioner and it spread to a tarpaulin sheet placed on one side of building, said Nath M Lokhande, the duty officer at the Khar police station.

According to Joshi, the tarpualin shed was put up without permissions from the BMC. Lewis got the shed removed once the fire was doused, but declined commenting about the incident.

“No one was hurt. We are looking at how much the property has been damaged,” Lokhande said.

Terence, who is also known for judging many dance based reality shows, has been associated with TV for several years now. He is currently judging “Nach Baliye 8” along with Mohit Suri and Sonakshi Sinha.