A day after Sanjay Leela Bhansali and his crew were assaulted on the sets of his forthcoming directorial “Padmavati”, the filmmaker decided to cancel shooting in Jaipur and returned to Mumbai.
According to sources, “He has packed up and has said he will never shoot again in Jaipur.”
Sources said that Bhansali has decided to have sets in Mumbai and carry on shooting there. Mr. Bhansali is heading back to Mumbai with his crew.
Meanwhile, in a press conference, leader of Karni Sena, Kalyan Singh Kalvi maintained that no permission was granted for the shooting.
“I am going to meet Sanjay Leela Bhansali. There was no applicable permission that was taken for the shoot”.
Kalvi also said that Bhansali can’t shoot any dream sequence and that until the film-maker won’t give a written assurance the protests won’t stop.
On friday filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali was slapped and assaulted by members of Karni Sena who staged an angry protest at Jaigarh fort in Jaipur where Bhansali was shooting for his next, Padmavati. A group of activists forced stopped the shooting. The protestors accused makers of “distorting the facts about Rani Padmavati” in the historical drama.
They also damaged some cameras and other equipment on the sets.
The protesters said that they were ‘not happy with the distortion of facts in Padmavati’. “We had earlier requested him (Bhansali) to show us the script which he did not do. We are against distorting of historical facts and we know that he has distorted historical facts,”
Reacting to the incident, Censor board chief Pahlaj Nihalani said, “It is the liability of every state to provide safety to film production or they shouldn’t give permission. Before the release, no one knows the film’s story but people still try to stall films”.
Padmavati, a historical drama, is based on the story of Queen Padmini, who famously refused to submit to Emperor Alauddin Khilji when he arrived at the Chittorgarh fort with his army. The queen killed herself along with scores of other women before he stormed the fort.