Bollywood superstar Akshay Kumar has delivered three back-to-back hits and his upcoming films in Bollywood are one of the most awaited.Replying to questions from Rajat Sharma in India TV show “Aap Ki Adalat”, to be telecast Yesterday, the actor shared his bad old memorable days while reliving his days as a struggler.
Here are few of the highlights from the episode:
1.I normally take 35-40 days to complete a film. On an average I do four films a year, and yet there are 200 days left. I should be doing nine films. If Tom Cruise’s Mission Impossible took only 42 days to complete, I do not know why Bollywood films should take 90 to 150 days to complete.
2. He went back to talk about the days when he worked as a spot boy in Kolkata. The actor used to sell kundan jewellery in Lajpat Nagar and also worked as a spot boy in Kolkata. “I used to do street fighting in Bangkok and sometimes I lost too. But then you need to get up and start all over again and strive for a win. This is life. Fight for it and you will surely achieve your dreams,” he said.
3. The biggest challenge for him in life remain, the act of being a real Mr Funnybone, “Making people laugh is the most difficult thing but sadly, the industry doesn’t give priority to it.” Then he went on to say, “A fan told me that his son eats only when he watches Hera Pheri. So if my film is helping people to digest their food, then where is the problem?”
4. When Rajat Sharma questioned him how he felt after giving 11 back-to-back flop films, the superstar corrected him and said not 11, he delivered 16 flops and he survived purely because of professionalism.
5. The Bollywood superstar repeated his earlier charge that he was offered half the price for performing at an awards nite and an award in return, but he refused. “I told the organizers, you pay me in full for my performance, and you can keep the award.”
6. He was also questioned about his love life which did not include Twinkle Khanna. “I am a full hot-blooded man. So, why not?” he said when he had been asked about his link up with Raveena Tandon and Shilpa Shetty in the past. He also went on to talk about his innocent love at the age of eight. Who was she? His school teacher.
7. The actor said, he reacted to the Bengaluru New Year Eve molestation incidents because it was every man’s duty to protect women. “Few people know that I run a school where nearly 15,000 girls have been taught martial arts in Mumbai alone with Aaditya Thackeray.”
“Similarly, I welcomed our army’s surgical strike inside Pakistan. The whole world wants terrorism to end. I am also going to make a Film “Toilet-Ek Prem Katha” on Swacch Bharat mission. 54 percent Indians do not have toilets, it is a shame.”
8. The actor refuted media reports about his “tiff with Priyanka Chopra, Ekta Kapoor and Farah Khan. “I have done four Films with Priyanka till now, and if I am offered another film, I am ready do. These media reports are baseless. Except for Rani Mukerjee, I have worked with most of the Bollywood female actors.”
9. Hitting out at awards given in Bollywood, Akshay Kumar, who has worked in more than 100 柪lms in the last 25 years, said: “If you go by awards given at awards nite, I still do not know acting.”
10. “I do not want to enter politics. I have no interest. But I want to work on two key areas in which I have knowledge: health and sports.” Asked by Rajat Sharma whether he was interested to become a minister, Akshay Kumar said: “It is not necessary for one to become a minister to get things done. I don’t want to become a minister”.